You are here
Reservations for the 2014 - 2015 school year will open in April 2014.
Not near the Museum? Reserve a Toolbox from your District Office instead! Click Here to Learn More
Teaching Toolboxes are teaching resource kits, each complete with touchable specimens, reproducible materials, and related books and information. Designed for K-12 students and community groups, our toolboxes not only allow for unique teaching opportunites, but provide subjects that excite students about the natural sciences. Our museum offers a wide variety of topics, which include:
- Ancient Ecosystems
- C.I. Water
- Digging Dinosaurs
- Field Tools
- Fossil Finds
- *This toolbox is reserved for the remainder of the 2013 - 2014 school year. Reservations for 2014 - 2015 will open in April.
- Rocks and Minerals
These boxes are available to check out for free and can be reserved for a two-week period. Information about the individual contents of the toolboxes can be found at the bottom of this page.
Questions? Please email us or call: 801.587.3536
Teaching Toolbox Reservation Process
- Submit your Teaching Toolbox Request at the link above.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your request from the Museum.
- Once confirmed, you will pick-up your Teaching Toolbox during your designated reservation period at the Rio Tinto Center. Directions to the Rio Tinto Center.
- Toolboxes are available for pick-up and drop-off Monday through Friday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm, and 9:00 am - 9:00 pm on Wednesdays.